What Does This Limited Warranty Cover?
This Limited Warranty offered by Raber Portable Storage LLC (hereafter called Raber’s) covers defects in material or workmanship in a new, non-discounted Raber Portable Storage barn LLC products.
Who Does This Limited Warranty Cover?
This warranty extends to the original purchaser only and is non-transferrable. Only consumers purchasing Raber’s products from authorized Raber’s retailers or resellers may obtain coverage under our limited warranty.
How Long Does the Coverage Last?
Raber’s warrants its products for a period of five (5) years from the documented date of purchase.
What Will Raber’s Do?
Raber’s will replace at no charge any part of the covered product or, at its option, the entire product if Raber’s determines that the product is defective because of improper workmanship and/or inferior material, under normal installation, use, service, and maintenance.
If Raber's is unable to render a repair or a replacement, or it cannot be made in a timely fashion, or it is not practical to do so, Raber’s may elect to refund the purchase price in exchange for the return of the product.
What Raber’s Will Not Do:
Our limited warranty is void if a product is presented for warranty repair or replacement with the serial number removed, damaged, or tampered with or with any alterations and/or additions made to the product.
Raber’s will not provide any warranty coverage unless claims are made in compliance with all terms of this warranty statement and the proper return procedures as specified herein are followed.
What This Limited Warranty Does Not Cover:
Our warranty does not cover any issue that is caused by:
- Damage or conditions resulting from normal wear and tear, improper installation, improper maintenance, misuse, abuse, negligence, accident or alteration.
- Accessories, connected materials, and products, or related products not manufactured by Raber’s.
- Anything not resulting from defects in material or workmanship.
- Materials used in the fabrication of Raber’s product which carries its own manufacturer warranties. In this case, the Raber’s warranties cover only the workmanship and the manufacturer's warranties for the materials in question supersedes the Raber’s warranties.
- Acts of God.
What to Do to Request Warranty Service:
To obtain consideration for warranty service, you will need to contact the Raber’s business office during business hours with the following information:
- The sales receipt or other evidence of the date and place of purchase.
- The serial number of the product.
- A description of the problem.
- A telephone number where you can be reliably reached.
- The complete address where the product in question is located.
REPAIR OR REPLACE (OR, IN LIMITED CIRCUMSTANCES, REFUND OF THE PURCHASE PRICE) AS PROVIDED UNDER THIS WARRANTY IS THE EXCLUSIVE REMEDY OF THE PURCHASER. RABER’S NEITHER ASSUMES NOR AUTHORIZES ANY PERSON TO CREATE FOR IT ANY OTHER OBLIGATION OR LIABILITY IN CONNECTION WITH THIS PRODUCT.
RABER’S SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO THE PURCHASER OR ANY OTHER PERSON FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF BREACH OF THIS WARRANTY OR ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR FOR ANY THIRD-PARTY CLAIMS FOR DAMAGES FROM THE PURCHASER OF OUR PRODUCTS).
How Does State Law Apply?
The laws of Indiana, USA govern this limited warranty. It gives you specific legal rights. You may have other rights that vary from state to state.