Building Permits

By SchwebAdmin

Building permits vary greatly between states and counties. Unfortunately, there isn’t a one-size-fits-all answer. In most areas, anything less than 120 square feet won’t require a building permit but you will still need to check.

Contact your local building inspector’s office. You can find the information you need on your local government website with downloadable forms available.

We would be happy to look up your local building commissioner’s office to assist you in getting the information you will need.

If you require a permit you may need construction details. You may need mobile home anchors installed as well. We are happy to assist you with any drawings or construction details to speed up the process. In the event you need a stamped drawing, we can order those for you. Stamped drawings need to be paid for upfront. Sometimes just a picture of the building along with the Raber logo will get you everything you will need.

If you have a local planning and zoning office you may need to have a site plan with the accepted setbacks to scale. There are many computer programs available for site plans.

Documents You May Need

  • Building construction details.
  • The description of mobile home anchors with weight ratings. (Available through Raber.) 
  • Stamped or engineered drawings (Provided for an extra cost).
  • Proof of our liability insurance. (We are fully insured and can provide that information free of charge).

Things to Keep in Mind

  • It may take up to 30 days to be approved.
  • If you want to be on our production schedule sooner, just let us know when you make your deposit.  If you can’t obtain a permit, your deposit will be fully refunded.
  • Most areas will NOT allow you to use a portable building as a housing establishment. (Check with your local officials).